Yesterday R2 and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We have been blessed with 2 fun years of marriage and have a lot to be thankful for. We spent the day yesterday hanging out, painting our house, moving furniture, watching TV, talking, laughing. What we did was nothing extraordinary, and yet being together made the most ordinary of days special. It was a perfect day. We rarely have a day at home to hang out and enjoy each other. At our house, we don't run, we fly, and we usually fly by the seats of our pants. We are always travelling, always busy and rarely stay still. Our plan had been to spend the weekend in Galveston, but somehow being at home seemed to make more sense. There is a lot that I love about R2. He makes me a better person, a happier person, a person with purpose. The list could go on and on, but I'll just share a few of my favorites:
1. You are a man of integrity.
2. You actively care for me.
3. You make me laugh every single day.
4. You are my number one fan.
5. You are honest.
6. You love your family.
7. You enjoy being with my family.
8. You put the concerns of our family above everything else.
9. You know how to make me forget my cares and laugh.
10. You are a hard worker.
11. You are handy.
12. You make everyone feel important and worthwhile.
13. You go out of your way to do things for others.
14. You pick up after our dogs.
15. You love any chance to spend time with me.
16. You trust God.
17. You have great ideas.
18. You care about things how I feel.
19. You love me for who I am.
20. You eat whatever I prepare for dinner although you'd rather be eating a meal from Whataburger.
21. You're trying your best to embrace Meatless Mondays and Fresh Fruit Fridays...
So what does all this have to do with healthy living? R2 is the encouragement behind this blog. Without him, I probably wouldn't have 20 posts and 23 followers. Not only did he think starting a blog was a good idea, he got in the kitchen and made the first batch of coconut oil deodorant for me. He has traded in his Windex, a HUGE deal at our house, for chemical-free cleaners, because he knows that living chemical-free is important to me. He has even dared to try chemical-free deodorant, shaving cream, and toothpaste. He keeps me going writing about something I am passionate about, sharing what I am learning about cutting toxins. So thank him when you wake up and have a new post to read about another chemical-free product. He also created my website: http://www.realrandr.com/, which is not ready yet, but coming soon! I almost didn't write this post today at the risk of sounding overly sappy and cliche, but I couldn't write without including the most important piece.
And now your little bit of healthy living: Yesterday we spent the morning painting the entry way of our house. We bought No-VOC paint from Lowes and turned our understated entryway into a glam foyer that I wouldn't mind sitting in all day long! VOC stands for volatile organic compounds, which are chemicals released into the air from certain solids and liquids. Most paint has VOCs that seriously compromise air quality. The EPA's website says that these chemicals stay in the air "long after the activity (painting) is completed". Olympic brand paint has great colors and is good quality paint without the VOCs. We were happy with the results and felt good about painting without the harmful fumes! Happy Anniversary, R2, I love you! And by the way, I'm out of deodorant, could you make more?